Javascript Menu by

Save our Church
Buy Candles
Parish Life
Our Parish History
About Orthodoxy
Parish School
Driving Directions
Membership Application
Contact Us

1st Rector Archpriest Gerasim Shorets

History of Our Clergy

(16 images)

1st Rector Archpriest Gerasim Shorets
2nd Rector Archpriest Alexander Samoylovich
3rd Rector Archimandrite Fr. Anastasy (Zagarsky)
4th Rector Bishop Alexander
5th Rector Archimandrite Fr. Gedeon (Mrzev)
6th Rector Priest Fr. Peter Shashkoff
Archpriest Fr. Victor Ilienko
Archpriest Fr. Sergei Bobroff
Archpriest Fr. Theodore Martynenko
Hieromonk Fr. Daniel (Allen)
Mitred Archpriest Fr. Boris Shwartskopff
Protopresbiter Fr. Konstantin Tivetsky
Fr. james Thorenton
Deacon Fr. Andre Karobkoff
Deacon Fr. Vasily Eremenko
Protodeacon Fr. Peter Zadorozhny

The foundation of our parish started on 16 June 1952 with blessing of Metropolitan Anastasy. The official being of the parish came on September of 1952.

First parish Temple was arranged in a building at 150 S. Alexandria Ave. However, our parish by 1964 grew so much already that the new Temple was not big enough to fit everyone. That was why it began necessary in September of 1964 to start looking for a more suitable building. Thus, an Old Catholic Church at 2041 Argyle Ave was acquired.

Solemn great blessing of the new Temple occurred on 4 June 1965. The blessing was done by First Hierarch of the Russian Orthodox Church Outside of Russia Metropolitan Philaret, Saint John of San Francisco and bishop of Edmonton Savva.

   Powered by Orthodox Web Solutions

Home | Back | Print | Top    

Mailing Address
2041 Argyle Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90068
Phone: 323-466-4845
Phone Numbers
Phone: 323-466-4845
Search Our Website